Every Mus2 score maintains its own list of accidental symbols. These symbols are shown on the left in the Symbols window.
To create a new symbol:
- Click Add.
- The new accidental appears at the bottom of the list. Make sure the accidental is selected.
- Enter the accidental’s name in the Name box.
- Enter the accidental’s value in the Value box in cents. Positive values will raise the pitch, while negative values will lower it. Accidentals with a value of zero function as natural signs.
- If the symbol you want to use for this accidental is stored in an SVG file, click Acquire from SVG. If you want to import a symbol from a font, click Acquire from Font. The symbol you selected will appear on the preview staff.
- To change the size of the symbol, drag it from its bottom-left corner or enter a percentage value in the Scale box.
- To change the vertical position of the symbol, drag it up or down.
To duplicate a symbol, click Duplicate. To remove a symbol, select it and click Remove.
Accidentals are displayed in the blue section of the toolstrip when the Note tool is selected.